To download source code, click here.
What is F-Net?
Fnet is a Japanese a nationwide broadband seismograph network. Please visit the Fnet Site for details.
For more details, visit their site.
Setup for using the program
STEP 1: Install webdriver for successful execution of the Fnet script We recommend geckodriver for Firefox Installation page: https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases
NOTE: You must have Firefox installed in your system
STEP 2: add geckodriver location info to the system path (For Mac see ~/.bash_profile, for Linux see ~/.bashrc). For windows user, you can copy the
geckodriver.exefile to your desired location and add that location to the system environment path.
STEP 3: make user account and add the
passwdto config.py file. Please make sure to confirm your registration.
STEP 4: install the environment using the
pip install -r requirements.txt
For conda environment:
conda create --name fnetdata --file requirements.txt
- edit the
settings.ymlfile to specify your desired data
- execute the script
fnet_data_download.pyfor downloading the Fnet data
NOTE: the script need to be executed in proper environment.
Other necessary informations
- Data will be downloaded for all the stations listed in
- Download information can be accessed through the logfile.txt
- The data will be downloaded in the
NOTES (for FNET data):
- Be careful that 50MB is maximum size of one file that you can request.
- If you request one hour continuous waveform data of all observatories in SEED format with a sampling rate of 20Hz (e.g, BH*), data file creation for download may take about 10 minutes.
- And if you request 12 hours continuous waveform data of all observatories in SEED format with a sampling rate of 1Hz (e.g, LH*), data file creation for download may also take about 10 minutes.
- The latest data is from about two* days ago.
Disclaimer of liability
The information provided by the Earth Inversion is made available for educational purposes only.
Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct. Earth Inversion makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics content on the website for any purpose.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. ANY RELIANCE YOU PLACED ON SUCH MATERIAL IS THEREFORE STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.